Saturday, 19 July 2014

Over-thinking

Well,the first time I wrote something here,it fared me pretty well. The second time (now) has raised my very expectations. Please do not break my heart !

Jokes apart.

This one is interrelated with the first post. I have already spoken about how ideally awesome we humans are at over-thinking and how we rule the universe of over-thinkingLIKE A BOSS !

OKAY. So,how good is the backdrop of over-thinking? Quite good. 

Over-thinking is like that extra coating of cheese you want on your cheese bubble of your mouth-watering Pizza.



 Result: Calories. You gain. Have pain(hypothetically). And then find ways to get it slain! Of course ,then you try to maintain( Weight,of course). 

However lame may the above paragraph sound, I truly deeply madly love Cheese! So,with due respect to all Pizza-lovers worldwide I may continue bursting our li'l cheese bubble. I hope I have got my point explained.


Getting back to the point. Any situation needs some grey matter working done. Yes. Thoughts become things! So when you overdo it,you are surprised with the extra baggage as well. Hence, over-thinking is no way required to get to a conclusion.





Fulfilling my promise to my beloved readers,here I have some tried and tested ways that can help you control your thoughts :


  • Put the situation into a wider perspective and soon your mind will tell you that this is not going to be important ,in the long run. (say, 5 days/weeks/months).
          Because,by that time you might as well be over-thinking about something else. Ha ha!
  




  • Realize that you cannot control everything around you and into you ( Not quite literally. Ha ha!) , because sooner or later we understand why people say that "Everything happens for a VERY good reason."



Sorry but no sorry, Bieber! 

  •  Physically stop yourself when you are not thinking straight. [ NO. I am not promoting suicide here. < pun intended>]


  • Work out. OR, hit the gym. Sounds perfectly odd but has worked for perfect idiots like me. ;)


Stop. Rewind. And,think good.. Extra goooood! For example- Daydreaming into becoming Iron Man/Woman. Ha ha! 



[ Because , I'm not much of a fan of " Chaddiwaale Superheroes" ie superheroes wearing their undies on their costumes. ] 



Simply put,whenever you come across any given situation-Good/Bad , RELAX. Do not panic! Take deep breaths [ <pun intended> ] And do not rush into analyzing things.  Everytime you intend to crib , try replacing it with a positive vision. For example-

You have been informed that you "might be" suffering from a disease. Also, the same would be confirmed after conducting a few extra tests. 

Most people react this way : Shit! What tests? FML. What disease? And you may instantly receive a super panic attack. God please save me!

Ideal Reaction: Disease? Or some hidden superpower within me? I feel the usual and the tests are YET to confirm the same. I think I should dance to Sing by Ed Sheeran by the time the same is confirmed. *and dances*  

Hence, in most cases, even before you get diagnosed with a disease ,you may get it if you continue behaving in this manner. 




Therefore, look at the brighter side and brighten up your life. And trust me,life will surprise you! 





So,do not let the mental earthquake creep in. Take the Emergency Exit! And before you start feeling that you have wasted your time reading this post,waste some more time trying the same.


IF it works for you, get back for reading another post or else,you know where the Emergency Exit is. [  <MUCH pun intended> ]




P.S. Emergency Exit ---> Shove the over-thinking up the devil's arse!















No comments:

Post a Comment